Homeowners should evaluate the risk for flooding to determine if a sump pump battery backup system is a good idea.
- Power outages can happen during storms preventing sump pump operation. If you have storms often, a sump pump battery backup system will be worth the investment. Consider the unexpected costs of repairs and water removal that come with flood damage.
- A battery backup will decrease your risk and give you peace of mind that your home is protected.
- It's important to note that an aging pump can also have a higher chance of failure without the need of a power outage. If your pump is 10 years or older, it's likely time to invest in a new one. If your sump pump is more than five years old, a battery backup will come in handy to ensure that your aging appliance comes back online quickly.
- If your area has significant rainfall and high winds, this often can cause power outages and flooding. A sump pump battery backup system helps to ensure that when the power goes out or a circuit breaker is tripped, your backup sump pump will continue to operate.
Sump pump battery backup systems include these benefits:
- Relatively easy to install and maintain.
- Fully automatic backup power source.
- Runs the same sump pump with utility power on or off
- Ion Genesis controller monitors all pump activity.
- Digital display on inverter and controller.
- Ion digital level sensors have no moving parts.