Why use the Saber Sump Pit?
Home owners and contractors often ask why should the Saber sump pit be used instead of the less expensive, injection molded structural foam polyethylene pits. Here are the many reasons why.
- The Saber sump pit is manufactured on rotational molding machines from high quality, impact resistant polyethylene. The quality is much better than typical injection molded, polyethylene structural foam sump pits that are on the market.
- Seamless and corrosion proof.
- Modular design means that the pit can be set at any depth using the Saber sump pit 12" extensions.
- Its unique bell shape ensures that:
- The pit will not heave or shift from subsurface hydrostatic water pressure after backfilling with drainage stone around the outside.
- Sediment infiltration is minimized by locating the pre-drilled holes above the wider bottom part of the pit.
- Sump pump will not short cycle because the pit has more volume at the bottom and stays on for the proper amount of time to provide optimal sump pump operation. When the sump pump short-cycles, the thermal overload protection switch can activate which turns the pump off. Sump pump short cycling is a common reason why basements flood. Optimal sump pump operation saves energy costs, extends the life of the sump pump, and the check valve.
- Accommodates up to 2 sump pumps for backup applications.
- Available with side wall holes (drainage application) or no side wall hole (containment applications).
Please submit any questions or comments here: